Home > Windows 10 > 10 Things To Do After Installing Windows 10

10 Things To Do After Installing Windows 10

Contents

Should I use that for both minimum and maximum? Now click OK, and you'll be notified whenever there are updates - unfortunately, they'll be a daily irritation if you're using Windows Defender. That’s right, when you upgraded, your old version of Windows didn’t just disappear into thin air. If you are not sure how to identify the device, it is recommended that you update all drivers using Driver Easy. this contact form

Thanks for being here for us. The menu launches on click IMMEDIATELY, even clicking the time on the lower right IMMEDIATELY shows the calendar, requesting the desktop display IMMEDIATE responds.. Oddly, this tip doesn’t work if your PC connects to the internet via Ethernet.   14 – Save a web page as a HTML file in Microsoft Edge Bizarrely, Microsoft’s new Thanks for creating this page, it really helped me out. http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/computing/10-things-to-do-after-you-upgrade-your-computer-to-windows-10-11363994684527

10 Things To Do After Installing Windows 10

Collin McKinney September 29, 2015 at 6:00 am - Reply Thank you for the article. lol Sometimes windows freeze, sometimes program not responding, hard drive usage 100%, etc… Thousands of people have the same problem, but no update from Microsoft, great! After upgrading to Windows 10, Office apps display very large or very small on your monitor, or you have blurry text in your Office applications. dbdarrough September 29, 2015 at 9:57 pm - Reply Thanks.

Check the Home location on the Location tab, and finally use the Administrative tab to check the System locale, and use the Copy settings button to apply the settings to the The value you need to use in both boxes is the "Recommended" value displayed in the bottom section. Select Wi-Fi and then Advanced Options. Things To Change In Windows 10 Joe_Dirt July 31, 2015 at 8:08 am - Reply Now why would anyone expect someone who writes an article like this to ever bother to come back and reply (sarc).

The PIN must contain at least four digits. Windows 10 Must Do Jill Hill October 4, 2016 at 3:00 pm - Reply According to the text "change Initial Size and Maximum Size to the recommended values by Windows which is in the Total To resolve this issue, please update Office to the newest version. Other factors would be your video card and processor.

I feel like this isn't enough because I have a ton of memory. What To Do After Installing Windows Reply akshay says: April 23, 2016 at pm3:08 I upgrade my pc to windows 10 now my drivers are not working and even my LAN are not working so i cant After upgrading to Windows 10, Outlook 2013 might fail to open, and you receive this error: Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Anilkumar T March 1, 2016 at 6:21 am - Reply i have Lenevo thinkpad E430 , RAM 4GB , HARD 500GB.

1. System and speed improved dramatically.
  2. When the window opens, select System Protection in the left pane, then select your C: drive in the dialog box that opens, click the Configure button and select the Turn on
  3. Crit 221,027 views 8:55 How to format and clean install Windows 10 after upgrade from Windows 7 or 8.1 - Duration: 12:04.
  4. Recent Comments News Posts on TWCNTechnical glitch made Windows Time service send wrong timeMac gets Translator for Outlook add-in SupportMicrosoft patents a dynamic E-ink Keyboard CoverVerizon merges Yahoo and Verizon into
  5. Reply eli says: March 19, 2017 at am1:47 try uninstalling and then updating them Reply Why says: March 2, 2017 at am6:28 Right click .inf file, install.
  6. I upgraded from Windows7, and must find dozen of tutorial to fix many problems.
  7. If you don't already see a key named 'Personalization', select the Windows key, right-click it, choose New>Key and rename this new key to Personalization (sic).

Windows 10 Must Do

ariel.a September 15, 2015 at 1:38 am - Reply It worked. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/things-to-do-after-you-upgrade-to-windows-10 Important notifications appear at the top of this list, with new email and other alerts below. 10 Things To Do After Installing Windows 10 I had about quit getting on my laptop at all, so annoying. Things To Do After Installing Windows 10 Reddit You can read the article Tech Tip: Visually Speed Up Windows 8 (7/Vista/XP). – Search for your Control Panel – Click on System – Click on Advanced System Settings in the

Using a strong password to login to Windows 10 each time, however, is tedious, so you can use a simple numeric PIN instead. weblink Kenneth_Mitchell August 17, 2015 at 10:42 am - Reply One other trick that works if you only need to enlarge the display for a single web page, and this trick appears I really wonder what that update was. I have one question though.. Windows 10 Things To Disable

In fact, you should be restarting your computer regularly if you don’t shut it down each night. Kris Kurn July 31, 2016 at 10:01 pm - Reply Yes, this is happened just like Windows7 launching long time ago,that OS more stable after 3 years later, everytime microsoft launch When did you upgrade to Windows 10, this settings will only work to smooth things out such as browsing opening applications. navigate here Windows 10 is very slow!.

In the left-hand pane, you'll see many areas where your computer might be sharing data. Fun Things To Do With Windows 10 Robert Russell August 28, 2015 at 6:09 pm - Reply You could try some of the steps I posted in this article about slow internet speeds. I appreciate!!

It also has garnered an overall rating of just two stars.

Step 7: Sign up for a Microsoft account Windows 10 works best when you sign in with an online Microsoft account. Install it right now and you’ll never have to deal with Windows 8 again. Please help me… or I am going back to windows 8.0!!!! Things To Do After Installing Windows 10 Privacy Dandy November 15, 2015 at 9:45 am - Reply You're brilliant.

It might not be the most original feature in the world, but it’s quite useful and we listed it among the five best fixes for annoying problems in Windows 8. box, too.Schedule restartsIt makes sense for Windows 10 to install updates without asking (on the Home edition of the OS). When you shut the system down, apps and app processes are terminated, but the Windows kernel itself is hibernated to allow for a faster restart. his comment is here It worked fine for a few minutes after resarting and then again there was a lag.

Stan January 19, 2016 at 9:05 am - Reply It really works…just take your time and READ the steps. My four year old laptop is running windows 10 better now, but still not quite as smoothly as it ran Windows 8 or even 7. I was so frustrated, because it was running soooo slow. Maybe it would have sped up as the new system bedded it self in?

ald January 18, 2016 at 11:24 pm - Reply yup.what reccomended value did they mean? This happens all the time. Robert Russell October 4, 2016 at 3:14 pm - Reply Yes, the values you need to enter are "Initial Size" and "Maximum Size". Reply Christopher says: August 3, 2016 at pm7:42 PLEASE I UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10 AND SINCE THEN MY BATTERY CANNOT LAST UP TO AN HOUR.

This substantially reduced lag I was getting when opening multiple windows or the start menu. I changed the settings for the Paging File to your numbers and I am back to my speed with Windows 8.1. Reboot the computer for the changes to take effect and fix the Windows 10 slow performance. Your job isn’t done once you’ve got it installed, however, because there are a few things you need to make sure you take care of right away.

What is going on? You’ll also be able to tweak a few additional settings pertaining to notifications. Thank you! The windows 7 machine works flawlessly.

Privacy Policy | EULA | Contact Us | Non-Profit Organization | Affiliate | Magazine Covermount | Press Kits | Help Improve Driver Easy English / Deutsch Go Top I have gtx 970 (4gb), and 16gb ram and all this fancy crap, but still it shows somethin like 2400 mb although it should show like 4000 or something. windguy November 15, 2015 at 2:22 pm - Reply Thanks - pages seem to open faster. It looks this is happening only under certain configurations.

Hope I am not forced into windows 10, as far as I am concerned it is a piece of $)*[email protected]!!!! Instead, you want to analyze things on a per-app basis and choose which apps can pop up notifications and which should stay quiet. I was going to try this, but I have a question before I do.